Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 10, 2014 - Jeremy got baptized

Well, hey everyone! 

Surprise! Jeremy got baptized. He's really great. He's been way prepared from the beginning. Have I told you much about him? Here's his story:

Most of his life he's been an atheist. He used to work at DOW with Bro. Jones, our WML. Well, Bro. Jones, being the boss missionary that he is, gave Jeremy a Book of Mormon and had a good discussion with him like two years ago. When Jeremy went through some tough experiences, he came to know that God lives and wanted to learn more about the Book of Mormon. Well, we first met with him 5 weeks ago and now he's baptized. Super prepared. It was really hard last week because he backed out the day of his interview and we weren't sure if we'd ever see him again. Well, he came back determined to be baptized. Yay!

We had a great district meeting. Our zone leaders (Baird/Oler) came which is always fun. After D-meeting, Elder Graves and I did trade-offs with them which was super fun. Elder Baird and I worked in Midland 2 - we knocked on lots of doors. This was his last transfer and he'll be home in two days. I gave me a lot of wise advice as an experienced missionary. 

So other than that, nothing new. Transfer calls were this week and Elder Graves and I are staying together as expected. We DID get word that Elder Reheis is coming to CMU with Elder Oler so he'll be my zone leader! I'm way stoked to see my trainer again. I love that guy. 

Love you all!

-EKS
Jeremy's baptism. Bro. Jones baptized him which was awesome

The district. 

As expected, all us elders are staying here since we're training. 

The M2 sisters (the trio) are staying together as well, but Sister Whipple is leaving. She was trained in Midland and she's been out for 7.5 months. She's excited to go somewhere new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment