Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 24, 2014

Last weekend was transfer calls! I am staying in Midland for another transfer as I expected. I'll be greenie-busting my own boy. Stoked about it. I called it with transfer predictions though, Elder Derricott is going Zone leader in Lansing. Our new district leader is Elder Anderson who is a nice guy, I met him when we were picking up our trainees. 

Well, I don't even know about this week. It was pretty awesome except Nick decided he didn't want to be baptized. We really don't know what happened...Last weekend he was stoked to be baptized and we were all prepped for his baptism for last Saturday but on Friday Heather called us and said he didn't want to be baptized anymore. I think the only explanation is that his super anti aunt said something that scared him which is still a surprise because we had to work through the anti before even really teaching him.  

This is going to end up being a good thing, I think. The good news is that this aunt is moving to Florida in a few weeks and it is very unlikely that Nick will be going with her. If that is the case, I think he'll come around. 

“The works, and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated neither can they come to naught…remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated but, the work of men.”  D&C 3:2,3.

Let's get on to the awesome things about this week! Elder Graves and I just had the best time door knocking. We found three or four potential families that were genuinely interested in the message when we talked to them on the doorstep. We also talked to a man named Imtiaz Hussain, he was pretty legit. He wasn't interested but he talked at us about Islam for like 40 minutes. I need to develop my "ending conversation" skills. It was actually really interesting.

Do any of you remember my first day out in the mission field? We PC'ed on MSU campus and one person I talked to was a baptist minister. I was sorta shook up because he told us we were heretics that were going to burn, etc. etc. WELL we door knocked into another one of those. It was actually a really positive experience for me, weird-sounding enough. As this lady recited a memorized presentation of how Mormonism is a cult I just smiled because in that moment I recognized that I've grown a lot in the past 6 months. The spirit has testified to me over and over again that this Gospel and the work is 100% true. As this lady finished her spiel she ended by saying, "I want you to be saved and go to heaven, I really do." I responded with a beaming smile, and said, "That's sweet of you". I bore testimony of the Savior and felt the Spirit as I did so. She cast everything I said aside, and turned to Elder Graves and said, "It's too late for HIM (referring to me) but YOU can be saved. Don't listen to HIM." I grinned even bigger as she closed the door.

Oh man. Another great thing - earlier today we went to DOW Gardens. They have a butterfly exhibit where butterflies from all around the world just flutter about and you can take pictures of them and they land on you and everything. Pictures included for sure.

Love you all! It's good to hear from you. I appreciate your prayers, I really do feel so much support from all of yous. I pray for you every day too! I hope you know that. 

-EKS


No comments:

Post a Comment