Monday, July 14, 2014

Today is July 14th.

Are you sick of hearing how quick the weeks go by? I feel like I picked up Elder Hudson from Lansing just about yesterday. Today is my 11-month mark which is not even real. I remember coming out and serving around the people that had been out that long and thinking, man, they are OLD missionaries. I still feel so green though.
 
This was a pretty good week! We have been working super hard to find. Lots of doorknocking broken up by visiting everyone on the ward roster. We have lists and lists of potential investigators; now we just need to meet with them.
 
We currently have one progressing investigator, but he is doing so well! As I told you, Jackie Robinson got his answer that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet and since then he's doing amazing. He's cut down from three pots of coffee a day to none at all. He's struggling to quit smoking but has been smoke-free since Friday. He's on track to be baptized by the end of this transfer (July 26th). I've seen time and time again that God has answered my prayers. It was very special to see that so clearly in the life on an investigator.
 
I went on trade-offs with an Elder in my district, Elder Wiehl. Picture included. We went finding just about all day and got to know each other pretty well.
 
This weekend was awesome. On Saturday we had a few return appointments from DK'ing right next to each other so we took Gerardo (a recent convert visiting for a month from Florida) out with us. The first didn't happen so we went to visit Jackie and J.R. as backup. Then we went to our other return appointment- the original person wasn't there so we taught his friend who answered the door. He was fascinated by the Book of Mormon and was super excited when we gave him a copy. Gerardo was a huge help for all of the appointments- he joined the church only in September and is planning to serve a mission this October! Super solid testimony, he's way cool.
 
Another highlight of the week- we went to Stake General Priesthood meeting so I got to see a bunch of people from Spring Lake. Bro. Ongert gave me a big hug and I saw Bishop Ensign and others. Way fun!
 
I think that's about it. I love you all. Keep doing your thing, I guess.
 
Love,
 
EKS
{picture mentioned above}


Elder Lyman who I did a T-off with last week

Unless the scale in our apartment is wrong...I've lost like 35+ pounds since the MTC.
(Elder Schmutz might kill me for adding this one but I couldn't help it! He's so dang great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment