Monday, January 5, 2015

1st Week of 2015

Hey everyone!

This week was good. I'm working in K2 basically full-time so not much is happening in our area. I've had fun greenie-busting Elder Olsen who just got done being trained. It's been a weird week since transfers aren't happening yet but I'm away from Elder McMurtrey. 

The coolest news is that we taught Kirstin on Thursday night. She fed us and a member that came with us. During dinner she handed me a little envelope with mine and Elder McMurtrey's name on it. I put it away thinking I would read it later. We finished the Plan of Salvation with her and the lesson went really well and it made perfect sense to her. As we asked her about how she's been feeling while reading the Book of Mormon she told me I should open the note and read it to everyone. It practically said that after much prayer and thought she knows what we have taught is true and that she needs to be baptized. The Spirit was very strong and it was a pretty sweet experience for everyone there. Elder Olsen and our fellowshipper looked pretty shocked/excited.

Kirstin is progressing super well, she's finishing up Alma and knows what she needs to do next. The only problem is that Satan is working SOOO hard to keep her from church. Not only could she not get out of work this week but she also had strep, bronchitis and the flu all at once. Prayers would be much appreciated. 

We're teaching some other really prepared individuals in K2, but mostly we're finding. They have also found some really solid people doorknocking. We started teaching this lady Cheryl that loves the Book of Mormon and knows it's ture. I also met their recent convert Robert who was baptized two weeks ago. He was doorknocked into, and I think he read the Book of Mormon in two weeks and has since read half of it again and has read all of the standard works AND Jesus the Christ and the Articles of Faith. He's a 60-year-old reading machine.

Kalamazoo is just full of miracles right now. I pray every night that I won't get transferred now that we have found Kirstin and so many others. We'll see though, the pattern is not in my favor. It's probably going to be a big mix-around for the zone leaders and I've been here 3 transfers already. I'll go and work super hard where I'm sent. It's likely I'll go to Lansing, Traverse City, Wyoming, or Mt. Pleasant (CMU). 

Love you all! God has a plan for each of us and this is His truth.

-Elder Schmutz

No comments:

Post a Comment