Monday, June 30, 2014

Last Day of June, 2014

Wow. Time flies when you're doing the Lord's work I guess.
 
Things are going alright here in Holland. The only bad news is that one of our awesome investigators we set on date got anti'd pretty hard and it's going to be really difficult to get through it. She believes in aliens and stuff and basically thinks anything on the internet must be true. Also, our blind investigator Jackie has disappeared...We hope he's okay. He couldn't have gone very far.
 
Basically, we're working really hard at finding right now. I'm just so impressed with Elder Hudson though because he just does whatever it takes and jumps right into finding and teaching. I was definately not that strong when I started my mission. We have a lot of fun though. We have lots of awesome potential investigators that I will hopefully be able to tell you more about next week.
 
I'll tell you about just one tender mercy from this week. We went to go check on a potential that me and Elder Jackson doorknocked into. We found out that she really wasn't interested. Right after we finished talking with her, I remembered a house on the corner that we knocked on when we knocked the street but no one answered. I decided we'd go try it again. Well, we biked all the way down the road and knocked on the door and found Bob, a kind Catholic man that is very interested in our message. We'll hopefully be teaching him this week.
 
We introduced the "Willing and Brief" invitation to the members yesterday. The presentation went well so I'm hoping we can get some member referrals that take up our challenge to use it in their missionary moments.
 
Love you all! I'm doing well and enjoying life. President and Sister Hess are now gone and President and Sister Jacobsen are over the MLM. We'll get to meet them in like 10 days which is very exciting.
 
-Elder Schmutz

No comments:

Post a Comment